A comprehensive guide to IBM Passport Advantage
Passport Advantage and Passport Advantage Express are simple IBM offerings that cover software license acquisition. These include Fixed Term Licenses and Software Subscription and Support product upgrades and technical support. Everything is brought together under a single set of agreements, processes and tools.
Passport Advantage is designed for larger enterprises, while Passport Advantage Express is designed to meet the needs of medium-sized businesses.
Passport Advantage Online provides IBM customers with the ability to download new full versions of software. In order to request access to Passport Advantage simply follow the steps below:
1. Go to IBM Passport Advantage, http://www.ibm.com/software/howtobuy/passportadvantage
2. Click “Customer Sign in” link to the right.
3. Sign in with your Web ID or register for one and then sign in.
4. Enter your your Site ID.
5. Select “No” if you are not the Primary contact.
6. Click “Submit”.
Your request will be sent to your site’s Primary Contact for approval.
Primary Contact’s authorization process
1. The site Primary Contact will receive an automated email from IBM indicating that a new user wishes to have access to the Passport Advantage system.
2. They will then login to Passport Advantage and visit the Account Management area.
3. They will choose the Manage Access option. This area allows them to manage the permissions for users within their site, approving or rejecting permission requests and configuring access to different options.
Users who performed the self-nomination steps will receive an email when the Primary has approved their request, and they can then access the software downloads area.
For each product you purchase, you will receive a Proof of Entitlement (PoE) from IBM. This will specify a level of authorised use. To view Entitlements, sign in to Passport Advantage Online and click “View Proof of Entitlement certificate”. This will take to you Account-related documents where all Entitlements can be viewed and downloaded.
The Passport Advantage agreement contains the following clause:
Client agrees to create, retain, and provide to IBM and its auditors accurate written records, system tool outputs, and other system information sufficient to provide auditable verification that Client’s use of all EPs is in compliance with this Agreement including the licensing and pricing qualification terms referenced in this Agreement (Passport Advantage Terms). Client is responsible for 1) ensuring that it does not exceed its authorized use, and 2) remaining in compliance with Passport Advantage Terms.
This means that, with reasonable notice, IBM may verify compliance with Passport Advantage entitlements and use across all sites and environments for each Client. This will be done on site by either IBM or an independent auditor. IBM will notify a Client in writing if they have used any Entitled Programs in excess of authorised use and the Client must pay IBM for:
1. Any excess use
2. IBM Software Subscription and Support and Selected Support for such excess use for the lesser of the duration of such excess use or two years
3. Any additional charges and other liabilities determined as a result of the verification.
Passport Advantage Online is a personalised website where users get free access to the latest IBM software. The portal provides a real-time view of Entitlements, access to the latest software downloads and IBM software maintenance support. It’s easy to use and has everything in one place.
If you need help, or have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact the team at Chilli IT.
Chilli IT help organisations bridge the IBM skills gap by providing technical support, professional services and hardware and software upgrades to organisations across the world.
Call us today on 0300 124 0992